The benefits of vegetarian food
In addition to the fact that you can easily lose weight in a healthy way and that it has positive effects on your health, there are other benefits of consuming vegetarian food:
- You will reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Due to the lower amount saturated fats, it is less likely you will have elevated cholesterol levels.
- It will have a positive effect on your mental condition as your mind will not be influenced by hormones through meat consumption.
- You will easily get more fibre in your body which is important for your health. They contribute to good digestion, a feeling of satiety after eating and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and colon cancer.
- Losing weight will be easier because you are more likely to opt for a healthier choice and eat less fat.
- You will contribute to a better environment as the meat industry with its many exhaust gases is one of the major polluters.
- You are helping to prevent unnecessary animal suffering.